Gluten Free - Dairy Free - Refined Sugar Free
Turmeric milk is filled with anti-inflammatory compounds and it makes one helluva mess if you spill it. Who doesn't love a little danger served up with their creamy, warming beverage? Come on! Live life on the edge and go make yourself a mug full and drink it over your favorite white comforter (or in this case, your friend's white comforter. No spills! I promise, Gabriela!).
I find this drink incredibly grounding this time of year. It's a great beverage to whip up if you're looking to sit and snuggle with your partner, pet, or simply get lost in a good book. It endorses slow living and relaxation. Something I'm all about these days, especially as I recover from double hernia surgery. Cheers!
Golden Turmeric Milk
Prep: 5 minutes
- 2 cups dairy free milk of choice
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 - 2 tsp. raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. coconut butter or unrefined coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: fresh black pepper
- Warm milk over low heat in a small saucepan. Stir continuously to prevent burning.
- Once milk is warmed to your liking, combine all ingredients in a vented blender and blend until well combined. Slowly work your way up to high speed to incorporate all spices.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
No blender method:
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk continuously until coconut butter/oil has melted and all ingredients are well combined. The turmeric will turn bright yellow (this is good!).
- Heat to your liking, pour into a mug and enjoy each and every delicious sip. Oh, and, if you have an aerolatte, feel free to use it here.
Batch: Make a double batch and store in the refrigerator for 2 - 3 days. That way your Golden Milk just needs to be reheated when you want it.
Dry Ingredients: Combine turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger and store in an airtight container in your cupboard. When ready, just scoop out 1 1/8 tsp. per cup of milk.
Fresh Is Best: Have fresh ginger on hand? Swap the dry goods for grated fresh ginger!
Save Your Clothes: Be mindful. Turmeric stains! Not kidding here.
Let us know what you think in the comments section below or tag @freshthingsfirst and #freshthingsfirst if you post a photo of your Golden Turmeric Milk on Instagram.